- The City of Toronto was incorporated on March 6th, 1834, following a significant increase in demand for public services in the former municipality of York. Toronto is now Canada’s largest city and home to a diverse population of more than 2.6 million people. It is the economic engine of Canada and one of the greenest and most creative cities in North America.
- Anniversary of the fall of the Texan fort in 1836, the Alamo. The siege, led by Mexican general Santa Anna, began Feb 23 and reached its climax Mar 6, when the last of the defenders was slain. Texans, under General Sam Houston, rallied with the war cry “Remember the Alamo” and, at the Battle of San Jacinto, Apr 21, defeated and captured Santa Anna, who signed a treaty recognizing Texas’s independence. Read more
Oreo Cookies Day
- n 1912, Nabisco had a new idea for a cookie - two chocolate disks with a creme filling in between. The first Oreo cookie looked very similar to the Oreo cookie of today, with only a slight difference in the design on the chocolate disks.
Stop Bad Service Day
- If we all complained when we get bad service, perhaps companies would better train their employees to give good service. Also be sure to give compliments for good service.
- Anniversary of the birth, at Caprese, Italy, of Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, a prolific Renaissance painter, sculptor, architect and poet who had a profound impact on Western art. Michelangelo’s fresco painting on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican at Rome, Italy, is often considered the pinnacle of his achievement in painting, as well as the highest achievement of the Renaissance. Also among his works were the sculptures David and The Pieta. Read more
National Frozen Food Day
- celebrates all those yummy foods and snacks in your freezer. Sure, the invention of the freezer made this day possible. But, the methods and techniques of preparing and freezing foods is what makes frozen foods taste great, look great and store in a frozen state until you need them. Imagine how your busy life would be if you didn't have a frozen dinner to pop into the microwave in between a late day at work and your evening event. You'd have to stop and make a dinner from scratch!
- a day to display a big, toothy smile. After all, your Dentist plays a role in that big, bright smile. He's an important person in keeping your smile bright, and your teeth and mouth healthy.
- A day to think about where you got your name. Start off by pondering your name. Have you ever wondered why you have the name you do? Were you named after someone? Explore the birth of your given name(s). Take time to discover whether you have a name twin. You may even be inspired to reach out to a namesake!
- This was updated by Catherine on March 6, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
If you don't feel comfortable with an offer, just skip it.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.