John Lennon Shot
- On this date deranged gunman Mark David Chapman shot and killed rock star John Lennon in 1980, outside his apartment building as he returned from a recording session. The death of the former Beatle, who was an international peace activist, shocked the world.
National Brownie Day
- celebrates chocolatey, chewy brownies. It's fun and easy to enjoy this special day. First, select your favorite brownie recipe, and bake a batch of brownies. You can add nuts, if you prefer. Topping the brownies with chocolate frosting is a good idea, too. Finally, eat them! You can have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or as a snack.
Take it in the Ear Day
- I have no idea what this day means, who invented it, or what we are supposed to do to celebrate. Perhaps, someone created it because they were having a rough day. Or, maybe, just maybe, the word ear was misspelled. (We won't go there)
Bad Hair Day
- A day on which one's hair seems unmanageable. Also extended to mean a day when everything seems to go wrong. Originated in the 1992 movie Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Winter Flowers Day
- Winter is here to stay...and Winter Flowers Day is yet another reason to herald in the spirit of winter and share it's magic with your loved ones. So, soak up the fragrance of the season and make sure that every moment will be timeless and full of joy!
America Enters World War II
- One day after the surprise Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, Congress declared war against Japan and the US entered WWII in 1941.
Sammy Davis Jr
- Born at New York, NY, Sammy Davis, Jr, was the son of vaudevillians and first appeared on the stage at the age of four. He made his first film appearance in Rufus Jones for President in 1931.
Feast of the Immaculate Conception
- In the Constitution Ineffabilis Deus of 8 December, 1854, Pius IX pronounced and defined that the Blessed Virgin Mary "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin."
First Step Toward a Nuclear-Free World
- The former Soviet Union and the US signed a treaty at Washington in 1987 eliminating medium-range and shorter-range missiles. This was the first treaty completely eliminating two entire classes of nuclear arms. These missiles, with a range of 500 to 5,500 kilometers, were to be scrapped under strict supervision within three years of the signing.
- Born at Melbourne, FL in 1943. Songwriter, poet, lead singer of The Doors, Jim Morrison is considered to be one of the fathers of contemporary rock. The bacchic Morrison, known as “The Lizard King,” brought avant-garde theatrics to his musical performances and mystical influences to his songs.
- This was updated by Catherine on December 8, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
Freebies generally takes anywhere from 4-16 weeks to arrive, some as long as 5 months - it depends on what you requested.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.