Bald and Free Day
- honors those with a beautiful, shiny top. You don't have to be bald to celebrate this day. If you are married to, or related to a bald headed person, you can celebrate with them. They never have a "bad hair day".
Cats on Broadway Day
- The second longest-running production in Broadway history (after Phantom of the Opera) opened this day in 1982. It ran for nearly 18 years before closing on September 10, 2000.
National Flower Day
- In 1986, President Ronald Reagan signed the bill that made the rose the national flower of the United States.
- celebrating the introduction of the bathtub in England in 1828. So enjoy a good book, a hot bath, and a little bit of peace and quiet all at the same time.
Edgar Allan Poe
- (January 19, 1809 – October 7, 1849) was an American writer, poet, editor and literary critic, considered part of the American Romantic Movement. Best known for his tales of mystery and the macabre, Poe was one of the earliest American practitioners of the short story and is considered the inventor of the detective-fiction genre.
- Held at a different host city each year, members of the IAS gather to commemorate the founding of the IAS and to rededicate themselves to its aims. The annual IAS freedom awards are presented. This event coincides with the annual convention of IAS delegates.
- This was updated by Catherine on October 7, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Have realistic expectations: While I try very hard to only provide links to legitimate offers, sometimes the freebies still don't arrive. This could be because the company did not having a large enough supply to cover the response they got. It is also possible that a spammer has set up a site to gather email addresses (another important reason to use an alternate email account) and never intended to send you a freebie at all. Be aware that this can happen and although I do my best to avoid such sites, it is a part of getting freebies over the Internet.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.