- a day for the appreciation of teachers.
- Confucius was born in 551 BC, to a family already far down the path from riches to rags, and worked as a cattle and sheep herder before becoming a reforming minister of crime.
- celebrate Checkers Day with a few games of checkers, perhaps a little coffee and cake, and plenty of fun!
Fish Amnesty Day
- the PETA animal rights organization's protest against National Hunting and Fishing Day.
Kiwanis Kid's Day
- Take some time as a family, turn off the television and come out together for a walk and some fun.
The Jetsons' Debuted (1962)
- The Jetsons may have had easy when it came to everyday life, but they always had problems when it came to machines automatically waking them up for work and putting timers on the food machines when it's time to eat.
Airmail Started (1911)
- The Post Office lost money on air mail service: between 1918 and 1925, its air mail service had cost $17 million to operate and had brought in less than a third of that.
Celebrate Bi-Sexuality Day
- This day is a call for bisexual, pansexual, friends and supporters to recognize and celebrate bisexuality, bisexual history, bisexual community and culture, and the bi/pansexual people in their lives
- For all of you who never seem to find time for yourselves, today is the day to do whatever you want!
- This was updated by Catherine on September 23, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Create a separate free email account to use for your freebies - so your personal email doesn't get filled with junk emails.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.