Titanic Remembrance Day
- dedicated to the memory of the Titanic, and over 1500 people who died. On this day in 1912, the Titanic sank in the icy waters of the north Atlantic ocean. Source
First McDonalds Opens
- Ray Kroc's first McDonald's restaurant opened in Des Plaines, Illinois, near Chicago, on April 15, 1955, the same day that Kroc incorporated his company as McDonald's Systems, Inc. Source
Rubber Eraser Day
- On this day in 1770, Joseph Priestly discovered the eraser, using pieces of rubber imported from Brazil. The rubber eraser allows us to rub out the goof-ups, erase the splotches, and generally start fresh once again. Source
National Library Workers Day
- day for library staff, users, administrators and Friends groups to recognize the valuable contributions made by all library workers. Source
Leonardo Da Vinci Birthday
- April 15, 1452 – an Italian Renaissance polymath: painter, sculptor, architect, musician, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer whose genius, perhaps more than that of any other figure, epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. Source
President Abraham Lincoln died
- After being in a coma for nine hours, Lincoln died at 7:22 am on April 15. Presbyterian minister Phineas Densmore Gurley, then present, was asked to offer a prayer, after which Secretary of War Stanton saluted and said, "Now he belongs to the ages." Source
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
- This was posted by Catherine on April 15, 2012 -
TODAY'S BOOK SUGGESTION:
Saving Money Through Power Shopping
-- What if I told you that you could save 40-70% on your grocery bill?
We'll show you how to pay off your family's debts in one third the time! We'll also show you the tools and techniques to easily save huge amounts on your grocery bill, putting hundreds of extra dollars in you pocket, each and every month! You will wish you knew these techniques years ago, and bad debt will literally be a thing of the past!
Imagine what this extra $200-$500 in monthly savings could mean for your household!
PRICE: Only $7.00!
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Some don't use their last name when requesting freebies - to foil the telemarketers who take your name and address and look up your phone number to call you. To avoid these nuisance calls, they use only their first and middle name, or change some of the letters in their last name. Another benefit is that way you can track where the junk mail came from.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+.