The Beatles Break Up
- Paul McCartney announced that he had no plans for working with the Beatles because of “personal differences, business differences, musical differences.” He stated that he didn’t know if the break was temporary or permanent, but the years-long tension in the group coupled with the musicians’ solo work brought about the end of the band that year. Source
National Siblings Day
- a day to appreciate and cherish your brothers and sisters. The sibling relationship is deeply significant and is the longest-lasting bond we will likely ever have.
Safety Pin Patented
- Walter Hunt, of New York, NY, received patent #6,281 for the safety pin on April 10, 1849. Hunt's pin was made from one piece of wire, which was coiled into a spring at one end and a separate clasp and point at the other end, allowing the point of the wire to be forced by the spring into the clasp. Source
Salvation Army Founder's Day
- Founder's Day was first celebrated in 1920 on 10th April (the anniversary of William Booth's birth in 1829), when Salvationists in every country were asked to pause for a moment to give thanks for the gift of William Booth to the world. Source
Titanic leaves port for its ill-fated journey to New York
- The Titanic departed Southampton in southern England at 12.15, April 10, 1912 and was due to arrive in New York City on April 15. Along the way, stops were made in Cherbourg, France to collect continental passengers and Queenstown, (now Cobh) Ireland to pick up mail and additional passengers, mostly emigrants to the US. Source
- Some avid golfers might suggest that any and every day is Golfer's Day. But on this day, it's official. The only question is, does this day honor the golfer, the sport, or the weather? Well, it's a little of each. Golfer's Day is an opportunity to be thankful that someone invented this addicting, yet relaxing hobby. Source
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
- This was posted by Catherine on April 10, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Keep an attitude of gratitude. Freebie hunting is more of a game of being at the right place at the right time - if you get the freebie, you won!
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+.