Cub Foods Coupon Policy Updated March/11
Cub Foods promotes a coupon friendly shopping experience and encourages customers to participate in store, manufacturer and internet coupon usage. The following policy guidelines are current, but Cub Foods may change this policy at any time and policy changes may not be advertised. Coupon redemptions are subject to the policy in effect at the time of redemption. The current policy information can be discussed with individual store management but is not posted in each store.
General Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
• Coupons are accepted in accordance to the stated requirements on the coupon at the time of purchase. These requirements include, but are not limited to: product type, flavor(s), size(s), quantities and minimum/maximum dollar purchase limits.
• Coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be redeemed more than once.
• Coupons have no cash value.
• Cub Foods only accepts original coupons and does not accept photocopied or reproduced coupons (including multiple prints of same series internet coupons).
• Cub Foods will accept expired coupons up to 90 days past the printed expiration date. (subject to manufacturer guarantee of payment) Printed expiration dates are verified in addition to scanning the coupon for validity.
• Coupons stating “on next/future purchase or visit” cannot be used in the transaction in which they are generated. Next purchase is defined as a separate transaction.
• The coupon redemption value on ‘Free’ coupons may not exceed the value of the item.
• Cub Foods will accept ONE manufacturer coupon and ONE store coupon on the same qualifying item.
• Cub Foods does not accept competitor coupons (Coupons generated by any competitor with competitor logo are considered competitor coupons.) with the exception of Catalina Marketing coupons.
• All applicable sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full value of the item.
• Cub foods reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
• Coupons issued by manufacturers contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “manufacturer coupon”. Cub Foods adheres to all manufacturer redemption guidelines.
• Cub Foods may issue private promotion “manufacturer coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at Cub Foods” in which Cub Foods is the only retailer that will accept.
• Coupons that exceed the retail value of an item will be adjusted to provide the maximum value, not exceeding the price of the item
• Cub Foods accepts internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
• Coupons must scan at checkout.
• Coupons must have serial numbers and follow an industry-standard format.
• Coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and have a valid manufacture address on the printed coupon.
• Cub Foods does not accept internet generated manufacturer coupons that have the following conditions:
• FREE product without a required purchase.
• A redemption value that exceeds $5.00.
• The absence of a clear and scannable UPC bar code.
• The absence of a valid manufacturer address on the printed coupon.
• Rain checks for store coupons will be given out as long as the store coupon does not state on it “while supplies last”.
• Coupons issued by Cub Foods contain redemption guidelines including, but not limited to: “terms of agreement”, “face value”, “expiration date” and the verbiage “store coupon”.
• Cub Foods offers store coupons in various forms of media including, but not limited to, print, electronic, newspaper, direct mailers, kiosks and Company websites.
• Cub Foods may issue “store coupons” in advertisements that state “redeemable only at Cub Foods” in which Cub Foods is the only retailer that will accept.
• Store coupons may require that the discount applies only with Preferred/Loyalty/Rewards Card use.
• Competitors’ store coupons (those designated for use at other retailers) cannot be redeemed
Catalina is a third party vendor who partners with Cub Foods and product manufacturers to deliver manufacturer and store coupons to consumers based on purchases. Catalina coupons are printed directly at the lane and may only be used for a future purchase.
Cub Foods accepts internet generated coupons. Coupons printed directly from an internet website and presented for redemption with a qualifying purchase. Check internet coupons closely, as they can often be fraudulent. Internet Coupons could be in the form of a Cub Foods Store Coupon or Manufacturer sponsored coupon. The following conditions apply:
• DO NOT accept internet coupons for free product offers which do not require a qualifying purchase (“Buy one get one free” is allowable)
• DO NOT accept internet coupons with a redemption value greater than FIVE ($5) dollars
• DO NOT accept internet coupons that lack a UPC barcode
• DO NOT accept photocopied internet coupons
Additional Coupon Information
• We will accept competitor Catalina manufacturer coupons
• We will accept competitor in-ad manufacturer coupons
• Coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be used more than once
• Coupon deductions may not exceed the amount of purchase
• Photocopied manufacturer coupons will not be accepted
• Some coupons include verbiage limiting quantities or the number of purchases per customer
• Rebate offers may often resemble coupons, but cannot be accepted as an in-store discount at the time of purchase. Consumers are expected to complete a rebate offer by submitting the requested information through the mail
• Consumers are responsible for sales tax on the discounted amounts
Click for more store coupon policies
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.