Give Kids A Smile Day
- Each year on the first Friday in February, thousands of the nation's dentists and their dental team members provide free oral health care services to children from low-income families across the country. The ADA's Give Kids A Smile® program enhances the oral health of large numbers of needy children. Give Kids A Smile (GKAS) activities also highlight for policy makers the ongoing challenges that disadvantaged families face in finding dental care. Find a program today!
Homemade Soup Day
- This day celebrates homemade soup in every way!
On this day we are encouraged to get back to homemade comfort foods like homemade soup. There's nothing more comforting and homey than a nice pot of homemade soup simmering on the stove top is it? Don't waste your time opening a can soup today. On National Homemade Soup Day, remember your favorite homemade soup recipes, pick one and celebrate by making your family a pot of the real stuff. Real Homemade Soup!
Create a Vacuum Day
- a day when we should all be filling our vacuum flasks, making the house all spick and span with our vacuum cleaners or creating a vacuum by opening your freezer door - twice. You'll notice that the second time you open it - after waiting a few seconds - it seems to be stuck much tighter. You have created a partial vacuum!
- Gumby is a green clay humanoid figure who was the subject of a 233-episode series of American television which spanned over a 35-year period. He was animated using stop motion clay animation. Gumby was created by Art Clokey while a student of Slavko Vorkapich at the University of Southern California.
Rosa Park's Birthday
- Rosa Louise McCauley Parks (February 4, 1913 – October 24, 2005) was an African American civil rights activist, whom the U.S. Congress later called "the first lady of civil rights", and "the mother of the freedom movement". On December 1, 1955 in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks, age 42, refused to obey bus driver James Blake's order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger.
- On this day in 1941 the United Serviceman's Organization was formed. It is a private, nonprofit organization that provides morale and recreational services to members of the U.S. military, with programs in 140 centers worldwide.
- Wladziu Valentino Liberace (May 16, 1919 – February 4, 1987), better known by only his last name Liberace, was a famous American entertainer and pianist. During the 1950s–1970s he was the highest-paid entertainer in the world.
- Quacker Day, celebrated on the anniversary of Quacker Factory being offered on QVC, acknowledges the 2 million Quackers who love to dress for attention! When you see someone wearing Quacker Factory clothing, go up to them, say “Quack, Quack,” and then watch: you’ll have an instant friend!
- Begins on Islamic calendar date Rabi al-AwaI 1, 1432. The third month of the Islamic calendar, the month of the migration of the Prophet Muhammad from Mecca to Medina in AD 622, the event that was used as the starting year of the Islamic lunar calendar.
National Wear Red Day
- During American Heart Month in February, the American Heart Association will focus on women with “Go Red for Women,” a national movement about women and cardiovascular disease. Each year cardiovascular diseases claim the lives of nearly 500,000 women. For all of the women you know who have been affected by cardiovascular disease, participate in Wear Red Day.
National Stuffed Mushroom Day
- The recipe for stuffed mushrooms, however, originated in America during the early 20th century. The so-called father of modern commercial mushroom cultivation, J.B. Swayne, found a new crop of mushrooms around this time. He hired numerous Italian immigrants to help with their cultivation on his farm. Some of the Italians had much experience stuffing peppers and tomatoes, and it only seemed natural to try to stuff the mushrooms as well.
World Cancer Day
- Cancer is a leading cause of death around the world. WHO estimates that 84 million people will die of cancer between 2005 and 2015 without intervention. Each year on 4 February, WHO supports International Union Against Cancer to promote ways to ease the global burden of cancer. Preventing cancer and raising quality of life for cancer patients are recurring themes.
Bubble Gum Day
- On Bubble Gum Day, everyone who donates 50 cents or more gets to chew gum in school, with proceeds going to any charity the school chooses. Kids have fun, while raising money for a good cause. Some creative teachers even incorporate bubble gum into their lessons for the day!
- This was updated by Catherine on February 4, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Don't forget to sign up for free money! iRazoo are free digital dollars that you can trade for Amazon or Best Buy gift cards and other great electronic prizes.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.