Inconvenience Yourself Day
- It is a day to put other's concern ahead of yours. Inconvenience yourself, not others. Inconvenience Yourself is not intended to suggest that people become completely self-sacrificing. Instead, it encourages people to pay attention to their own actions, understand how those actions impact others, and adjust actions which have a negative affect on others.
National Margarita Day
- To honor and enjoy a nice cold glass of margarita! The margarita is the most common tequila-based cocktail in the United States, made with tequila mixed with triple sec and lime or lemon juice, often served with salt on the glass rim.
World Thinking Day
- a day to think about and learn from each other but also to raise funds to support continued development of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting across the world. World Thinking Day is part of the WAGGGS Global Action Theme (GAT) based on the United Nation's Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), which aim to improve the lives of the world's poorest people. The theme for World Thinking Day 2011 is "empowering girls will change our world."
George Washington's Birthday
- The "Father of His Country", George Washington was born on February 22, 1732. In 1787, Washington was unanimously elected president by the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia and took the oath of office in 1789. He served two terms of office from 1789 until 1797.
Be Humble Day
- Today is not a day to brag or to boast. Its not a time to talk about your success or accomplishments. Why!? Because today is ...... Be Humble Day! Be Humble Day can be a humbling experience. That's exactly the intent of today. Humbleness is a good thing, a virtue. People much prefer a humble person to a braggart. Practice humbleness today, and everyday. It will serve you well in life.
Pebbles Flintstone's Birthday
- Pebbles was born at the Bedrock Rockapedic Hospital on February 22, 10,000 B.C. weighing 6 pounds - according to the series' producers, though that particular year was never actually cited within the show itself; most versions of the show put the Flintstones' era as circa 1,000,000 B.C..
Golf in America Day
- The so-called "father of golf in America" was an immigrant from Scotland by the name of John Reid. Being a Scot he obviously knew of golf so he asked a good friend, Robert Lockhart, another well-to-do Scot living in New York to do him a favor. Lockhart was about to embark on a trip back to Great Britain so Reid asked if he would make a purchase for him of golf clubs and balls. Well, Lockhart did his job well as he traveled to St. Andrews in Scotland and went to the golf shop of Old Tom Morris, the then famous clubmaker, golfer and champion of the first Open. Lockhart asked Morris to ship two dozen gutta-percha balls (molded from the sap of a tree); three wooden clubs; a driver, brassie and spoon; plus three iron clubs, a cleek, sand iron and putter. The package arrived in February, 1888.
Pro Wrestling Birthday
- Gorgeous George headlines the first Madison Square Garden wrestling card in 12 years, against Ernie Dusek. Gorgeous George won the match in front of 4,197 fans.
National Chili Day
Spay Day USA
- an annual campaign of Humane Society International and The Humane Society of the United States to inspire people to save animal lives by spaying or neutering pets, street dogs and feral cats. The main objective of Spay Day is to inspire as many people as possible to have their pets—or other animals in need—spayed or neutered in conjunction with the campaign.
Walking the Dog Day
- I am sure that you walk your dog every day. But on this day walking with your dog is a must. If you don't have a dog, perhaps you can join a friend while he or she walks their dog.
- This was updated by Catherine on February 22, 2012 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIP:
Here is a website very handy when you have to give a phone number - www.humorhotlines.com. You get a phone number in your area code and use it whenever they ask for a phone number for a freebie.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.