- The traditional beginning of the Christmas shopping season on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Called “Black Friday” because traditionally retailers were in the “black” by this day of the year.
Buy Nothing Day
- A 48-hour moratorium on consumer spending. A celebration of simplicity, about getting our runaway consumer culture back onto a sustainable path. Annually, beginning on the first shopping day after Thanksgiving.
You're Welcomegiving Day
- The day after Thanksgiving, to create a four-day weekend. On Thanksgiving Day we say "Thanks" for what we have. So, it only seems natural, that "You're Welcome" immediately follows a thank you.
National Parfait Day
- A parfait consists of layers of ice cream, whipped cream, and any combination of syrups and fruits. Celebrate this day by eating Parfaits. While chocolate is by far the favorite, use your imagination to create a wide range of single and mixed flavors.
International Day For the Elimination of Violence Against Women Day
- Observed by the United Nations since 1993 on the anniversary of the 1960 murders of the Mirabel sisters in the Dominican Republic. In 2004 UN Secretary-General KofiAnnan said, “Let us be encouraged that there is a growing understanding of the problem. But let us also pledge to do our utmost to protect women, banish such violence and build a world in which women enjoy their rights and freedoms on an equal basis with men.”
Shopping Reminder Day
- One month before Christmas, a reminder to shoppers that after today there are only 28 more shopping days (excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve) until Christmas.
Department of Homeland Security Birthday
- a Cabinet department of the United States federal government with the primary responsibilities of protecting the territory of the U.S. from terrorist attacks and responding to natural disasters.
Don't Utter a Word Day
- You see the world is made up of talkers and listeners and the listeners need a break. This may not be practical for most people but it is definitely a day to practice listening more than usual.
- a 1992 American animated adventure film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Aladdin was the 31st animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series, and was part of the Disney film era known as the Disney Renaissance. The film is based on the Arab folktale of Aladdin and the magic lamp from One Thousand and One Nights.
Saint Catherine's Day
- Catherine is a great name! Patron saint of maidens, mechanics and philosophers, as well as of all who work with wheels.
- This was updated by Catherine on November 25, 2011 -
QUICK FREEBIE TIPS:
One reader doesn't like using her real name, so she has her dog apply for all the freebies. She uses her last name so the mail will get there. She knows when a spam phone call comes in because they ask for the dog.
Click for more quick freebie tips
◊ Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
◊ Check us out on Twitter and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook.