Frugal Freebies would like to wish everyone a very:
❂ Happy Christmas - United Kingdom, Ireland
❂ Happy Hanukkah or Happy Chanukah - English
❂ Happy Holidays - Canada, United States
❂ Happy Kwanzaa - United States
❂ Happy Yuletide - Traditional English generally referring to the period of cultural festivities surrounding Yule, Winter solstice, Christmas and the New Year.
❂ Merry Christmas - United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, United States, Canada, the phrase can be immediately followed by and a Happy New Year.
❂ Merry Xmas - Written English (often informal), referencing the Greek word Χριστος, for Christ.
❂ Merry Yuletide - English, can generally refer to the period of cultural festivities surrounding Yule, Winter solstice, Christmas and the New Year.
❂ Season's Greetings - United Kingdom Christmas cards, not usually spoken
❂ Joyous Yule - Usually a Wiccan or Neopagan greeting for the Winter solstice
Christmas Wishes (Non-English)
❂ 聖誕節快樂 / 圣诞节快乐 (Shèngdànjié kuàilè) - Merry Christmas! in Chinese
❂ Nadelik looan na looan blethen noweth - Happy Christmas and Happy New Year in Cornish.
❂ Sretan Božić - Croatian for Happy Christmas.
❂ メリークリスマス (Merii Kurisumasu, often with a raised dot between the two words) - Merry Christmas! in Japanese
❂ Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Duit - Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year (to you) in Irish.
❂ Nadolig Hapus - Happy Christmas in Welsh.
❂ Nollaig chridheil huibh - Happy Christmas in Scottish Gaelic.
❂ Craciun Fericit - Happy Christmas in Romanian
❂ Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon - Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year in Tagalog
❂ Joyeux Noël - Merry Christmas in French
❂ Feliz Navidad - "Happy Nativity" in Spanish, equivalent to "Merry Christmas"
❂ Kull 'ām wa 'antum bikhair كل عام وأنتم بخير - Arabic for "May every year find you (plural) in good health"
❂ 'A'yād Sa'īdah أعياد سعيدة - Arabic for "Happy Holidays"
❂ Taqabbala Allāhu minnā wa minkum تقبل الله منا ومنكم - Arabic for "May God accept from us, and from you"
❂ Весели празници (Veseli praznitsi, Happy Holidays) in Bulgarian
❂ Prettige feestdagen en een gelukkig nieuwjaar - Dutch for "Pleasant holidays and a happy new year"
❂ Joyeuses Fêtes - French for Happy Holidays used in French Canada
❂ Boas Festas - Galician for Happy Holidays
❂ Καλές Γιορτές Greek for Happy Holidays or Χρόνια Πολλά Greek literally "Many Years"
❂ Mele Kalikimaka - Hawaiian, is preferred over the traditional American "Merry Christmas" in the U.S. state of Hawaii; made popular worldwide by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters in 1950 in song
❂ Mo-ād-īm L'sim-chā מועדים לשמחה - Hebrew language for "Happy Holidays" is the proper greeting for the Jewish Pilgrimage Festivals (Passover, Shavuot, Sukkot). The response is "Chāg-īm Uz'mān-īm L'sā-son חגים וזמנים לששון". These phrases also appear liturgically.
❂ Chag Sameach חג שמח - Hebrew for "Joyous festival", used for most Jewish festivals.
❂ Buone Feste - Italian for Happy Holidays
❂ Meri Kirihimete - Maori for Merry Christmas
❂ Schéi Feierdeeg - Luxembourgish for Happy Holidays
❂ Wesołych Świąt - Polish greeting used before Christmas (literally 'Happy Holidays').
❂ Feliz Natal - Portuguese for Happy Christmas
❂ Boas Festas - Portuguese for Happy Holidays
❂ Felices Fiestas - Spanish for Happy Holidays
❂ Habari Gani - Swahili for "What's the news?" is the daily greeting for each of the seven days of Kwanzaa.
❂ Веселих свят! - Ukrainian for "Happy Holidays!"
❂ Gut Yontiff - גוט יום-טוב, Yiddish for "good holiday" used on full-fledged festival days.
NOTE - If any of the above links are not working or the freebies or coupons no longer available, please post a blog comment below and I'll edit it!
• Enjoying all the freebies? Want to keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money? Subscribe to Frugal Freebies' email updates or RSS Feed! - it's free!
• Check us out on Twitter, and join in the conversation of even more great freebies, deals and coupons on our Frugal Freebies fan page on Facebook and Google+. We are even on Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Baby Tips: Money-saving tips on diapering, diaper washing, safety, slings and baby carriers, toys, clothing, nursing, menstrual needs, traveling with kids, more!
• Jamberry Nails: The hottest trend in nail design. Get high-end nail art without the fuss of polish - or expensive salon visits! Like us on Facebook!
• Oshawa Journal: A Step Back in Time to the Village of Oshawa - historical family timelines, news clippings, birth/marriage/death/grave records, photos and stories of the people I am researching, as well as the history of streets and houses in the village of Oshawa.